06 December 2009

WA ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Ive decided to shock you all by posting another post just a few days after the last!! Also, I have a feeling that the last post was of pretty low quality, so this is a sort of compensation. Anyways, today I took the Level 4 Japanese level proficiency test. I think I did pretty well considering that Ive only been studying Japanese for three months. Oh! I also met a friend there! It was really quite random. I hadn't known that she was taking the test in the same test as me. The person I met was.......Cindy, from Germany. Shes really nice. She has instilled within me a strong desire to go to Germany. Before I started on this little excursion, it had never even occurred to me to go to Germany. I guess I had some subconscious dislike, triggered by history lessons and period movies. Which I know isn't fair, but i didn't do it on purpose. But now I really want to go to Germany. All the people Ive met from there are really funny and nice etc. And from what they said, the country itself sounds awesome. Anyways, back to the test. So I had to get up really early for it(and on a Sunday, no less!! oh, the indignity....) and I was exhausted and then, typical of Japanese people, they had to stretch a 2 hour testing period into a 4 hour one by all of the ridiculously long breaks. Most Japanese people seem to be that way, they go really slow, and then they go really fast to make up for the time they lost. Its like that for driving, and talking, and how they schedule their day. BUT this is just my observation and it is entirely possible that I could be completely off my bonkers and they are, in fact, entirely normal.
So I should have had the next few days off for testing, but I somehow got roped into going to school Monday for flower arranging and going on some sort of trip thingy with my teacher Tuesday. I really need to learn how to say no..... Speaking of learning how to say no, my host niece and nephew came over recently to play. I ended up spending an entire day with them because i cant say no to little kids. I don't think I've ever been able to say no to them, which is why I'm not the best babysitter. Depressing. But ANYWAYS fun things are coming up! I'm meeting so-chan this weekend for shopping and the next day is an afs meet, and then next weekend a friend is having a Christmas party and i may be able to sleepover at their house! The Japanese people don't usually have sleepovers, I guess its an American thing. And after the party I have two random days of school and then its winter break!!!!!! Yay!!!! Anyways I'm typing this when I'm supposed to be taking a bath(have I told you that the Japanese people take baths every night? Crazyness!!) so Ill just spellcheck this to get rid of all those nasty little misspellings which seem to have become more and more frequent and then Ill post this and then Ill get off!!
Night!!
Emily
ps I forgot to tell you that my host parents have put up a fake Christmas tree in honor of Christmas and its not half bad. Which also reminds me that daisy will be getting all of the angel ornaments this Christmas! Dang. I guess it doesn't really matter.....and now I've been on way longer than i should`ve so laters!!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you have a xmas tree to look at :) Thanks for the great post!
    We'll be sending you some gifts to put under that tree soon- one is for your host parents :) xxox Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we might be swinging through Germany next summer as well. We are suppose to be going out to Barnardsville today to get Christmas trees but it is 17 deg right now. I am sure almost any type of xmas tree looks "normal" when evaluated on the basis of our Charlie Brown trees. Have a great week, love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh. Germany sounds fun. Maybe I should go there next summer!
    That's so funny about all the breaks they take. That would drive me crazy!! I hate taking forever to do things!!
    And how is flower arranging? Sounds pretty cool haha.
    Oh. I went to World Market yesterday and I got this drink called Carbonated Ramune Drink by the Shirakiku brand. It has a marble in the bottle which is weird. I'm pretty sure it's from Japan so I wanted to see if you had seen it there!
    BYEE!

    ReplyDelete