09 January 2010

wow, its been longer than i expected from my last post. Time flies when youre on break, I guess. So, the big news is that I went to Tokyo Disney sea on Monday!!!! Oh my goodness gracious was it incredibly fun!! I went with afsers that i had met in the beginning orientation(how long ago that seems....)and we went to disney land and after we did karoaoke. I went with awesome austrians and super cool americans and one total jerk(who was, koinkidentally, the only guy). But thankfully このアホ went to his country early due to host family problems(i feel like i shoudnt gloat, but i cant help it). But anyway, we were some of the only foreingers in the park. We were also the loudest. I was actually surprised that they didnt kick us out. Also, japanese peeps dont cheer after a show, they just clap. So everyone always stared at us. But it was really the people that i was with that made the whole experience so much fun. we swapped jokes and sang disney songs etc. Yknow, the kind of stuff awesome peeps do. I was also taught an indispensible german phrase by Mirjams, which i later posted as my status on facebook. She actually didnt tell me what the phrase meant until the end of the day, so i had no idea why they were laughing so hard. Theres not really much else to say about that, i mean, its still disney land. I went on a roller coaster and ate various things and took a pic with aladdin(who spoke english). Yup.
So on new years i wore a kimono and went to a jinja. You shouldve seen everyone stare. It was hilarious. And kimonos have so much more parts than i thought they would. all sorts of special strings and stuff. I actually really liked wearing the kimono, but then again i do like to wear fancy stuff. The only part i didnt like were the socks and shoes. They were SO small and uncomfortable. Ugh.
Monday Im going to tokyo and then i only have like 11 days of school left before i leave!!!! Ive started swapping emails with my friends and stuff. Wow, im just so excited to come back home. I mean, i love japan, but there are also things about it that i dont like, and i miss my family and friends. Im finding it really hard to concentrate on anything right now, i cant even concentrate on this blog. can u tell? Oh im never going to be able to fit all of my luggage in my suitcase, because of the packages from my family and the presents ive recieved and the things ive bought. I cant even fit all the new stuff ive recieved, much less any of the old. troublesome. Well, i gotta go. Oh but before that are there any souveineirs that any of yall want? As long as its reasonable, ill try my best to get it. :) okay, im really in a rush so im not even gonna spell check so excuse the many mistakes. laters.

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the stuff- we'll bring an empty suitcase and/or ship some stuff home. We can't wait! I checked the train station and found it on google maps so we can meet you there on Saturday evening the 6th of February. Hurray! I dreamt you were home last night and I got to give you a big hug. Can't wait! xo Mom

    PS Do be sure to get your European friends' emails because we still haven't set our itinerary, especially now that Anna will be in Italy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your family and friends are excited about having you back at home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily -- Now that your stay there is almost over, I'm in the loop! I've read al your posts & loved it - I'm SO glad you did this! Spoke w/ your Mom yesterday & am looking forward to seeing you again! OK - its either leave it @ this or try & catch up on 5 months, so I'll spare you! Have a wonderful finale - its great that your folks are coming over to see you in Japan! - & a great trip back! Love,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks to Judy & her directions (wh/ I've had for over 2 months...I've been a loyal reader, & can you BELIEVE what an expert I am @ procrastination??? :). D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ems, we all have a countdown on our calendars...mine says 20 days from today until your family leaves North Carolina for the long flight to Tokyo and into your arms for hugs and tears of hello...I'm excited for them and they can hardly wait...I can read your excitement, too
    in the mean time, I am taking Frank to Greenville SC on Jan. 30 to see "Wicked"...since he didn't see it with you and Daisy in New York and since I haven't either
    I'll be here watching over CoCo, Faithful and Pounce Obama Ralph awaiting your return...all of us
    I love you, and am so proud of your success as an AFS-er, you make America look its very best!
    your grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am taking you up on your asking for souvenir requests- any little bit of Japanese paper or fabric would be fabulous!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete