23 August 2009

Hey everybody. Here I am, in Japan (a little rhyme for ya). I have already gone through orientation and it was awesome. Except for the sleep deprivation, but that was just from jet lag.  There were tons of awesome people there. Everyone there spoke two languages pretty fluently except for most of the Americans. After the orientation I was taken to my host family's house. There is a beautiful Japanese style garden out front. I get to sleep on a futon in the tatami mat room. I take a train to school for over an hour. Apparently my school is a really good one and the uniform is super cute even for Japan. My host family is really nice. Otou-san is retired, but they are both really active. They have the garden out front as well as a vegetable garden a little down the road. I went to their garden today and picked vegetables. The lunch Okaa-san cooked was completely homemade and mostly from the garden. I met my LP person and the AFS chapter president. When we went out to the garden and later to the supermarket for groceries all the neighbors kept saying how "kawai" I was. That means cute. Well I gotta go. TTFN. Oh, and Japanese TV is great and I watched Power Rangers (Japanese version) at the orientation and it was awesome. I also saw this boy band with cool hair singing a cheesy pop song at a volleyball game. I want J-Pop on the ipod now. OK, goodbye for real.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Emily!

    Japan sounds beautiful! I was wondering is the temperature different from our or is it pretty similar? Just wondering!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking I probably shouldn't comment on every one of your posts, but I can't resist. It sounds so amazing there! I'll limit myself to one question: How's the food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpa Jack and I are happy to hear you made it to Japan safe and sound. Enjoy this adventure into a strange land and its cultural differences.

    Love, Natalie

    ReplyDelete