31 August 2009

Wow, so many comments. I feel so loved. :) First of all, Happy Birthday Bella! Hope you had a great one and got everything that you wanted. For Daisy, yeah, Japanese TV is really, really weird. Especially the dramas and kid shows. The supposedly tragic dramas are actually the funniest thing on TV. Especially since I can`t understand a word they`re saying. Oh, yeah. I found Shugo Chara. It plays at 9:30 on Saturday. For Anna: Sorry you don`t like big high schools, poor Anna. :( I don`t get how ping pong is a sport either, but whatev. It`s really fun going to a Japanese high school (I`ve only gone twice) even though it`s big. Maybe I like it `cause I don`t have to actually participate in any of the classes(yet, as I`ve said, I`ve only gone twice.). School might be cancelled tomorrow, `cause of the Typhoon. Also, I don`t have school next week since everyone else is testing so I`m not sure what I`m gonna do.........
The train ride is actually really relaxing even though it`s long. Everyone`s almost always either sleeping, reading, or texting(ugh, I hate texting, it`s so RUDE. It`s the most annoying thing. It always puts me in a bad mood, don`t know why.).The train only gets crowded right before Keisei Tsudanuma and Matsudo and other major stations. Everytime I get on a train I think I`m on the wrong one. Sooo stressful. Which reminds me, today I saw two Americans on the train on my way home from school. There was an overweight white man and a thin African American. They looked sort of lost, but they were so cute and funny. (not cute as in good looking, the other cute.) They really made me laugh. One really doesn`t see very many foreigners here. They just aren`t that common. So my school is a really good school, they have TONS of teachers who speak English. Also, the uniform is way cuter than most, but I look like a total catholic schoolgirl in mine. *sigh* All the Japanese girls look so much cuter. They`re all also in pretty good shape. *sigh again* So I`ve made some friends: Ami-chan, Lena-chan, Lina-chan, Asumi-chan, Toki-chan, Mae-chan, Yuna-chan, and Matsuda-kun. And there are some others but their names continue to elude me. I`m taking Japanese twice a week at school while the others are taking English. This weekend I went to an AFS orientation. There I met Japanese girl scouts(who actually looked cute in their uniforms). I had to give a speech about my country and sing the national anthem. I hated that. Though I met some nice people. Cindy and Marcella from Germany and Piyumi from some country that they speak Swahili(or something like that). I also became friends with So-chan. She`s a Japanese girl who is going to Australia as an exchange student. She speaks English really well, especially for a 15 year old. Um, what haven`t I talked about.......Natto is really icky, I didn`t like it. If you could send me an ipod that would be great. I really miss music. You don`t notice but there is almost always music playing in america. But if you send me an ipod, send it with some songs already on it. It may be hard to buy new songs. I also want a stuffed animal :( But I`ll just buy one. I`ve been buying charms since I came here, I bought a hello kitty, a stuffed squid, a japanese protection charm, and a stuffed dog. I hung them on my purse. They sell charms EVERYWHERE. There was one more thing that I wanted to say, what was it. Oh, yeah. Everyone here loves disney. They love disney channel and singers and products and disney world. One of the first Questions I`m asked when I meet someone is if I`ve been to Disney world. They also like high school musical. they played the music at my japanese highschool. There is a bakery down the street called Tincar bell. Yup, they like it. They also like Tom Cruise. Well this is extremely long. i think I`ll end it here. Also, to my family. I love you and miss you. I also miss my friends. I`ll blog again soon. And I can`t remember if i`ve already said this but I loved your comments. Bye-bye!

4 comments:

  1. Good thing you've been to Disneyworld (and Disneyland for that matter!) Your blog was great. We will try to send you an ipod this week and we will load our music on it for you. WE NEED PICTURES!!!! Especially of you in your school uniform and your house and host family...since you don't have to go to school yet this week make it a priority to put a whole big album up on facebook! OK glad to hear you are taking Japanese and making friends. I will send you a link to facebook in an email so you can upload those photos. I am off to get ready for the first day of school. You can imagine how happy Daisy and Frank are about it :) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is daisy not mom
    Ami-chan!!!!! that so cool!! and it so cool you can watch shugo chara on tv. well i have to go to school.. i wish it was as much fun as your school sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They like Tom Cruise, High School Musical, and texting?
    Is japan America 2 years ago, except with more fish?
    Also, the english itunes client should work in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom Cruise, huh? That's sort of random. This is the first post that I haven't been loaded with questions on. Oh! After school, do people go hang out with friends or is that more family time? I don't know if you can sense it, but everyone over here eats up every one of your posts.
    Buh byeee

    ReplyDelete