10 September 2009

Grapes

I know that I just wrote a post but I just HAD to tell you about the grapes. They were delicious. The best grapes that I have ever tasted. I also got a roasted sweet potato which was also delicious. After we bought the grapes and a few sweet potatoes we went to a cafe and I got a yummy pumpkin parfait. It had brownies and pumpkin and ice cream and flan and whipped cream and cornflakes. Yum. The cafe was named Jonathan`s something or other. Then I went home and we ordered take out and I got temura and soba. I don`t really like tempura but I love soba(noodles). Oh, and I bought another charm. So tomorrow I will meet my host parents kids and their grandkids. Not sure how that will go. Then on sunday I`m gonna go to karaoke with So-chan and her friends. It`s gonna be so much fun! I don`t think I`ve learned much Japanese since I got here. I`m worried if I`ll ever be able to speak the language. Sigh.
I am seriously in need of clothes. Not from a necessity standpoint so much as a fashion one. I`ve been wearing the same 8 or so outfits over and over. It`s very saddening. yup.
I feel that since I came here my spelling and vocabulary of the English language has been declining. By the time I come back home it may have been reduced into simple words like `cool` or ``sup`. Well, now I`m just sort of rambling so I think that I`ll adjourn this post for the sake of quality. Sayounara.

2 comments:

  1. Mom and Dasiy say: buy yourself some clothes!!! Dad says: make your host family speak Japanese to you. Frank is spending the night at Luther's so he doesn't say anything. Thanks for posting and try to give us some photos!! We love you, Mom, Dad and Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuummm! Now I really want some grapes! Did you try freezing one? Frozen grapes are pretty darn good, so frozen amazing grapes would be pretty amazingly good...right?
    hey, do you think it'll work if I send you a letter? I don't know, I just think it's so cool to think that in a relatively short amount of time that letter would be half way across the world in Japan!

    I can't wait to hear your conversion to saying "'sup?" haha
    At the high school everyone says "That's straight" or "That's so sketch" I don't really know what that means, but maybe you could add that to your vocabulary too?
    hehehe
    have fun karaoke-ing!
    -anna

    ReplyDelete