12 September 2009

Today I met my host parents kids and grand kids. The grand kids are SO CUTE!!!!!! Their names are Chiharu and Ryuusai. Chi-chan is three and Ryuu-kun is 5. Ryuu-kun wears glasses and he is so frickin shy and adorable. :) love him. Chi-chan is like any bossy three year old. She calls me Emily-chan and when we went on a walk she held my hand the whole way back. so cute. So they were here all day and it was rather exhausting. Also Chi-chan speaks better Japanese than me. I`m not even at the level of a 3 year old. :(
I'M MEETING SO-CHAN TOMORROW!!!! KARAOKE AND SHOPPING!!!! But I need to exchange some money, it`s so hard to find a place and time in daily life.....Thanks for the permission to buy clothes. I`ll be sure to buy some tomorrow.
Anna, I`m sure you can send me a letter. I`ll be eagerly awaiting it. And thanks so much for always commenting. Oh! And I started following your blog. I really like it. It`s amazing how many things we felt the same way about(though that line of thought is rather presumptuous of me). I can`t remember what else anyone talked about. Sorry. Well, I got to get off to go to bed. I couldn't`t fall asleep last night FOREVER so I ended up only getting 5 hours of sleep.
Oyasuminasai.
Emily
p.s. I am trying to make these posts sound upbeat and positive. Is it working?

5 comments:

  1. hey emily!!! sounds like you're having an awesome time!!! im sooooo happy for u! :D
    you should follow my blog.... http://oemmamia.blogspot.com/
    i just started it so its not that exciting, but how can i make it exciting if you're not here? love ya!! ~emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Honey- you sound very upbeat and positive :) I hope you feel that way too...I will be sure to give Anna your address so she can send you a letter. In fact I will put it here so everyone can send you a letter:
    Emily Homolka
    c/o Takeo Miyokawa
    1-14-17 INARIDAI
    Sakura, Chiba, 285-0864, JAPAN

    Hopefully that works! Let me know when you get your package from us. Love and miss you always, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I was just about to say, what's you address? :)
    But, it might take forever, because I still have to write it and then send it...so yeah. Don't get too excited!!
    Those little kids sound so adorable. Especially the 3 year old!!!!
    Have fun and stay upbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup, yer comments is upbeating for us'ns here in the states...never fear, your home-spun language skills will not fail you upon return to USA, but you may pick up some accents or inflections that will personalize your speech...Uncle John arrives sometime today for a couple of days...driving here alone...I helped finish costumes for Macbeth which opened Friday night...bloody play!..all the food adventures you describe are mouth-watering...yum...Frank had some maple cotton candy that Kelly got for him at the fair and he gave me a bite after I begged...it was yum, too.
    glad the grandkids were easy to meet and that you found a park nearby
    love you always, gma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll put your letter in the mail tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete