07 September 2009

How I loathe, abhor, despise, and abominate being told that I will make a good wife. It is sexist, patronizing, and just plain rude. I also rather dislike pet stores, they make me feel depressed.

So that was today`s rant. Now about my life. I went shopping at the super center at some point(can`t remember when, time isn`t really one of my strong points) and I saw the cutest suit dress ever. I really wanted to buy it but it was 250 dollars and where would I wear it, anyways?

It was really cute and mature, though. I also saw this awesome ballgown with matching sparkly shoes. I think that Japanese fashion on a whole is really cute. And I`m meeting So-chan and some of her friends for karaoke this weekend. Fun! So my host mom is part of this frontier(?) group and today she invited them all over. They were all little old japanese ladies. And boy, could they gossip. They sat at the living room table and talked and ate and talked for 6 hours. Thankfully, I didn`t have to sit there the whole time. They were totally adorable, though. Lessee, not much else new in life, life here is pretty much the same as in america. Oh yeah!! So I was let out of school early one day and I got home too soon and my host family wasn`t there yet. So I took a walk around the neighborhood. And guess what I found. A PARK!!! And a restaurant and a very cheap clothing store. I also found a shortcut from the station to my house. The park is just a little area with a trellis and swings and a slide and a few trees, but I really like it. :) Yup, it`s nice.

So the only place I hear japanese music playing in my daily life is when I`m at the supermarket. They always play this one song that I don`t know the name of and it`s driving me nuts. *annoyed face* Argh. So annoying. But I have a little radio in my room and lately I`ve been listening to this one station for american militarians(is that a word? spell check says it isn`t,but what does it know.) in japan. It`s surprisingly amusing. The main host guy is always making jokes about americans. They play music, give the weather, talk a little about politics, give you information on events, and tell you fun facts. Like that today was the day that the teddy bear was named. And I learned why they chose to name a bear out of all animals after him. This week is also busy and the weekend will be too. So much to do.
Thank you so much for the post, grandma. I really liked it. :) Daisy, congrats on the rice, you must be so proud. Also I don`t know how I get up so early, it must be a gift(and I don`t use an alarm clock, I just wake up automatically. yup, i`m amazing). Anna, I am very proud of you. You`ve matured so much in the short time that I`ve been gone.*sniff* Anna`s growing up. Oh, and I miss you too. :(
Right, well it`s time to get off. I am going to pick grapes tomorrow, and I need to be well rested.
Night.

3 comments:

  1. Hello emily this is frank and i just wanted to say hi:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be American members or just American military, depending on whether you want to use it as a adjective or a noun.
    Speaking of which, how noticeable is the remaining American military personnel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily, what a crazy schedule you have with school and getting up early. Do you get o see the sun rise? The best in life is to be a good person and a good friend, what exactly is a good "wife". Sounds like your having some great explorations and karaoke will be fun this weekend. Maybe you can get some suggestions on japanese music and download it to your ipod. Your always in my thoughts. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete