06 September 2009

Whoops, I forgot to post my schedule last time. Try to forgive me. so here`s the schedule of my typical day Monday through Saturday.
5:45 am: wake up to get ready for school.
6:40 leave house to catch train at 6:44
7:18 switch trains
8:00 arrive at Matsudo Shinden station. 25 minute walk to school(and thats when taking all the shortcuts and walking quickly)
8:40-3:00 at school. then at 3 repeat the same travel plan as above only backwards to get back home by 5:20
5:30-have dinner.
6:30 do dishes, then study japanese and do homework
8:30take bath and get ready for bed
9:00watch tv and go to bed at 10
yup, thats basically it. now to discuss my past few days with school being cancelled(for me) cause of tests. So the day before yesterday was my host mom`s b-day. We had a celebration BBQ with the neighbors yesterday. I also went to a fish market, which was awesome. There was uni and tako and roe, all freshly caught that morning. We ate that fish at the BBQ. It was delicious. Oh, and I saw Two and a Half Men on tv in japanese. It was really quite hilarious. I also saw Battlestar Galactica. Today, I got up early (6:00 again) to go to the flea market with my host mom to sell things. We were there until about 1:00. The flea market was pretty cool. On the first of every month, a bunch of people go to this place and sell things. I bought an entire manga series for 200 yen! So cheap! After that, I went with my host mom and her friends to a meiji style cafe. The uniforms for the waitresses were really cute. :) I forgot to bring a camera though, so I didn`t get a picture. :( Saaaaadd. But if you look up the Meiji Era, I`m sure you could find it. The meiji restoration era is right when guns were first being introduced, swords were banned, Japan turned into a government, and japan started to become westernized. So the uniforms are a cross between like 19th century europe and yukatas. I learned all of that from the manga, rurouni kenshin. See? Manga IS good for something. Ok, question time. I do help with the cooking some, but it`s mostly just prep work. I`m sorta busy, so I usually don`t have time to cook. No, I haven`t met the grandkids, I`ll meet them sometime this week though. My room is just a tatami mat room. Its bare except for a wooden table, a wooden chest of drawers, and a built in shrine, which isn`t that interesting either. Yeah I`m in walking distance of places. Bakery, Karaoke, Grocery store, restaraunt, futon store, trainstation. But I`m not allowed to go out on my own except to school, so it doesn`t really matter much. You really think I look cute in my uniform? I think I look like a catholic schoolgirl. Everyone else is cute, though. The weather here is pretty cool for summer time, but the japanese people think that it is very hot now. Everyone carries gloves and a hat and a umbrella and a fan and a handkerchief with them. Which is not as awesome as it sounds cause the stuff isn`t fashionable. I can`t wait for the ipod. So you figured out the address ok? I was worried. Well I gotta go so one last thing I can`t upload pics on facebook yet cause this computer dont have java script. bye.

4 comments:

  1. my goodness, Emily- or is it Emily-san?
    a breathless school-day schedule!
    surprised that music is not everywhere since I think of Japanese as music lovers and imitators..
    am still trying to load a picture for you...
    fall is on its way here...leaves beginning to fall, but no leaves have color
    went to Shakespearence last night (again!) and took a friend who is visiting from California
    ...you would be proud to see Daisy at ballet, a lithe spirit...Uncle John will visit in a week, so glad he'll be here...I am helping make costumes for "Macbeth" which opens next week at the Montford Park Theater...
    look at you, giving speeches, hooray
    I love you and think of you so many times each day ... my friends always ask about you and I tell them to go on your entertaining blog!...do you realize you are writing a book with these blogs? YOU ARE, and it is a fabulous book!

    Gma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honey- thanks for the great long post. We are all missing you very much and hoping you are doing well with that busy schedule! We are going to put the ipod and books in the mail to you tomorrow (Tuesday) because today is a holiday (Labor Day). They say it will take a week to get there and that the US Postal Service is the best way to mail things so I guess we'll find out. Let me know if you need anything else before then and I can add it to the box. I'm sorry you can't post photos :( In other news Daisy made rice for the first time yesterday! I guess we now know who has been feeding her all these years...We love you SOOOOOOO much. Please take care and write again soon, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. and my rice didnt boil over!!i also made oatmeal and brownie cookies and fudge. how in heavens name do you get up at 5:45!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! thats crazy fricken EARLY!! well have fun!
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what? I figured out how to burn a CD of 500 days of summer for you iPod! Aren't you proud of me!? I am :)

    I hope the pics work eventually! Miss you lots!
    -anna banana

    ReplyDelete