18 September 2009

Sorry I haven`t blogged for a while, I`ve been really busy. So first there is school, and then we are preparing for the culture festival, and my home room teacher has been giving me tours of the clubs, AND they`ve started giving me homework and I`ve started taking a second Japanese class. So, yeah. Busy. So I have a lot to say so I`ll start with today`s reflections and then go back to last weekend.

So the schedule of my day in terms of mood goes like this. I wake up and I sooooo don`t wanna get out of bed. But I do and I eat although eating too early makes me nauseous. Then I get on the train and read and listen to my ipod and it`s very peaceful. I don`t usually want to get off the train. OH YEAH!!! I actually forgot to tell you that my stuff arrived!! Thank you so much!! I really, really appreciate it. And thanks for the comics, too. I showed them to my host mother and she really likes them(though she doesn`t usually get the joke). So back to my day. After the walk to school(which is nice exercise) I usually feel a bit depressed(not the right word) until something good happens. Like today, I was about to leave and then this random group of boys from my school all started saying things like `see you later` and bye bye.` I said bye back and they got all excited. I was so happy I smiled the whole way home. Another time was when this girl from the class next door who is a friend of a friend hugged me, and then my friend pretended to be jealous and we all had a group hug. I wouldn`t consider it a big deal in the US, but here, since I don`t speak the language, I usually feel left out of the conversation. So any instance when they show that they actually like me is really huge. Also, I walked to school with people for the first time!! They were this adorable couple from the class next door. They are really nice.

So my day w/ so-chan. So first we went to theis huge(and I mean huge)store. First we looked at food and then clothes and then books. It was so much fun. Then we did karaoke. I can`t believe we don`t have it in the US. It would be huge. They had tons of english songs including bon jovi and lilly allen and bowling for soup. They didn`t have beatles though which surprised me. We mostly sang pop songs though, cause we both knew them. So-chan really likes taylor swift. We also did Puri Kuri!!!! At least, I think that is what it was called. It was soooooo much fun. It`s like a photo booth, only ten times better. The pictures we got were super cute, I can`t wait to show you. :) I also got this delirious mont blanc crepe. So yummy. I also took a picture.

So I`m getting a few days off from school cause of some holiday or other. I actually don`t know what the holiday is. So I`ll be blogging a tad more. Lessee, I had a ton of stuff that I planned to write, but now I can`t remember a bloomin thing. Um...well, they call `Wolverine(the movie)` Xmen Zero. Just a little tidbit of news. So all banks are closed on sunday, can you believe it!?! There aren`t even many christians over here. And the banks are closed on holidays too, so I am officially broke. Oh, well. I don`t actually need much money in daily life. It`s just for souvenirs and food. And when I go out to do something. Okay, well I can`t think of anything else to say so I`ll blog again once I think of something. Ta.

4 comments:

  1. Hi honey- thanks for the great post :) So glad your stuff arrived there safely and that you are enjoying it. We watched Xmen today- the first one though, not Wolverine. Daddy and Daisy have a cold so we just all sat around the house all day. Can you use your ATM card directly or at a cash machine to get money? I'm glad you have a break from your busy schedule so you can rest and I look forward to more blogging...when do you have another AFS get together?? Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is daisy
    you know there is kareoke in america, it is just not as popular as in japan. do you like the music on the ipod? did i forget something that you like? if you can find wireless internet for the ipod then you should the app Skype it is like a chat thingy and then we could get it and chat. well hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I could do karaoke..I think I'd be too embarrassed!
    But poor you! You must be so lonely! I guess even if there is noise around you, only counts if you can understand it.
    Oh, are you able to get apps on your ipod? do you get internet connection on it?
    miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep 'em coming...everything you say is news to us and takes us right into the heart of your adventures...so, now that you see America's influence on Japan, what is theirs on us besides Manga?! just kidding.
    what questions do you get when you give speeches? you are their American expert, ya'know.
    do you have household chores...what do you do with all the time off from school?
    love you always, grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete