24 September 2009

I learned two things today. #1: Japanese people love synchronized dancing. #2: Japanese people love it when guys cross dress.
Well, I guess I already knew that. :p But it was really solidified for me today. See, our school culture festival is coming up, and quite a few classes made videos for it. So today, the entire friggin` school(including me)went and sat on the gym floor and watched these movies/presentations for three hours. Every. Single. Video. had guys in skirts and synchronized dancing. I was totally cracking up, and I wondered why americans dont do this? A few themes of the videos were love between a guy and a guy dressed as a girl(dont worry, they were being sarcastic), food, and random insanity. My favorite video would have to be the first, the one with the bike and pie. Hilarious. And you know what I went and did? I, like a total idiot, forgot to bring my camera. I sincerely hope they will show them again at the culture festival. One class did a live dance to the song We`re all in this together, from highschool musical. With authentic dance moves. There were also crossdressing guys for that dance. In wigs. I never thought the day would come when I would actually enjoy that song.

So the day before yesterday I went shopping! I actually bought some stuff! And went on a ferris wheel and ate(yet another)crepe and I saw a live performance of power rangers which was rather awesome. So I bought two shirt/dresses, a postcard, a stuffed bunny that I named Usa-chan/Usagi-kun(I havent decided it`s gender), and the application for the japanese proficiency test. Which I will undoubtedly fail miserably. I probably bought something else but I`m blanking on what it was. oh, well. I went in the cutest shop ever. It was one of my dream clothing stores. It was all lace and flowers and oldfashioned, yet with a chic, modern twist. I saw the cutest dress, and I seriously wanted to buy it but I didn`t have enough money with me. I wrote the name of the store on my arm so I wouldn`t forget/lose it, but then I had to go and take a bath and so now I am `store name` deprived. This is probably one of the few posts that I didn`t check the comments for questions before typing, so I apologize for making this a one sided conversation. I will answer your questions in the next post. Well, I am exhausted, and have school tomorrow so I will end this and go to bed. Night.

5 comments:

  1. WOW. That sounds interesting! haha...
    I figured out skype!! I sent you a msg. on FB explaining it :)
    I hope it will work out! That would be so cool to be able to chat like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound like you r having a BLAST!!!!! thats soooo awesome emily!!
    i really hate asking you this, but...... would you bring me back a cute stuffed animal as a souvenir? thats all i want!! (i swear)

    i love you and i miss you and i cant wait until you get back!!!!

    PS, can i have your address so i can send you letters and stuff??

    ReplyDelete
  3. EMILY!!! OMG thsts sounds sooooo fun!!!! We all miss you terribly!!! I have your address and will be writing soon!

    Miss you much!!!!

    Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily! It's been AGES since we've seen you (my god, I I sure hope you remember us! ...your family friends from San Francisco. ;) I just learned from your mum that you're in Japan! I loved reading your blog. What a great adventure you're having. Henry just applied for an exchange program thru his high school (Switzerland). We'll see what happens. Have a fantastic time! ~Betsy, Chuck and Henry

    ReplyDelete